Navigation

Home

Register a new account  
The Niners!
Forum Index   Θ   General Discussion

Reply to Topic Create a Topic
Roadhawk
Registered

We lurk inside your brain, we hide inside your mind.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:12 pm      Reply with quote

Alright, so after a good conversation in ARPIchat, myself and a few others became enamored with the idea of mini-gangs inside of the Niners themselves. Something of a clan hook, a way to give a clear cut identity outside of the usual sex, drugs, hedonism that may plague it.

As many of us known, middle leadership is crucial to a clan, yes the top guy is important but they can only be around so much of the time. With middle leadership, the equivalent of Sergeants and Corporals (though under no circumstances would they be called as such IG) is where the real driving force is found, these are the guys and gals who create RP events, lead stuff and set examples for the rank and file to follow.

Now, given that (and I base this on my IG watchings and have not been a member of the clan itself, though I may very soon) the Niners have had a bit of trouble with leadership and a clear cut identity that is different from Atonements Vultutres.

For those just joining us, the Vultures were a gang of gangs that personified hedonism, casual violence, casual sex and had the whole rockers, tattoos and piercings. A great clan, but for this setting, something different no?

Give the middle leadership the IC (not code, as we have everything we need in the code, that being the ability to promtoe a guy to Corporal) ability to create his own mini gang in the clan. Let him name it and give them their own little traditions. These traditions and mini-culture can be something as simple as keeping a serrated knife on your belt to the ritual hazing of killing your first legato/croc whatever. Let him name them how he wants, a few examples we came up with in chat were

The Madcap Screwballs, The Howling Looters, The Deadeye Commandos and the likes.

Now the above names do hint at a gang specialization, something that I don't really care for one way or the other. Why would their be any reason for Stevey Bob to join one gang over the other? Now in the interests of not having one gang come to personify the whole of the clan itself, limit members to 4-5 or whatever depending on the numbers of the overall clan. Start with a couple and as the clan grows you let others create their own groups.

One thing that was made abundantly clear was that, YOU ARE ALL IN THE SAME FAMILY. YOU DO NOT EXCLUDE OTHERS BECAUSE THEY AREN'T IN YOUR OWN LITTLE GROUP. THE LAZER DEATH-BEAMS ARE JUST AS MUCH YOUR BROTHER AND SISTER AS THE BLACK SLIDES. THE BOSS OF THE SUICIDE SQUAD IS IN CHARGE OF YOU ALL IF NO OTHER LEADERSHIP PC IS AVAILABLE RIGHT NOW. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, YOU ALL ANSWER TO THE SAME CLANHEAD!

Thoughts?

Warrior on the edge of time.
padweld999
Registered

Post Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:15 pm      Reply with quote

^ I was around for this conversation, and I support it firmly. It may not be adopted by every Family, and I am completely ok with that as well, to be honest. I think it could be an excellent source of RP, and will maybe promote more talking and emoting between 'squad members' in a run.

Roadhawk
Registered

We lurk inside your brain, we hide inside your mind.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:17 pm      Reply with quote

Screw the other families, this was invented for the Niners! >=/

Starmonger
Registered

Void Dreamer

Post Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:19 pm      Reply with quote

Bring it up ICly. I beleive something like this was attemtped, but failed horribly due to ic wiz-biz.

Sabrelon
Registered

Post Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:47 pm      Reply with quote

Not a fan. I do think the Niners need a bit more info available on what exactly they are/were/can be in regards to style and actions, but I do not see a single possible scenario where this doesn't turn into "My little group is better than yours!"

Mannfreid
Registered

Post Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:10 am      Reply with quote

Heh, I said this a while back to a rl friend of mine that plays. It was my answer to the leadership prob they face. But I agree, this should be brought up with the current family head. It is, ultimately, there choice.

Yoink
Registered

Post Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:24 am      Reply with quote

I don't know about this... seems like it would just fracture the population of the clan without adding all that much to their flavour. Each little group would end up with their own style of outfits, their own mode of speech, etc. Maybe such a distinction based mostly on what a PC already does in the clan, without too much of anything being forced on them, could work. Letting everyone run off willy-nilly to build their own mini-clan how THEY think the Niners should be... Maybe not so much.

Didn't something similiar happen in Beta with the Vultures? I seem to recall it getting kind of problem-y in such a manner, although I was not really playing at that point so feel free to disregard that.

I do agree, though, that the Niners are a bit of a blank slate, that they're functionally p. much the same as the Vultures, currently... but then that could really be said about the other two Families, as well.

Basically: I've played in the Niners, a lot of fun, but yeah, I guess there isn't much of a driving theme or anything much to differentiate from the Vultures of Beta.
I'm just not sure this idea would cause anything but further problems.

Silver
Registered

Post Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:45 am      Reply with quote

It's not a bad suggestion, and could be a good wake-up call to Niner leadership. But ultimately, things like this you just have to deal with IC.

Saying a clan should be like this, or not, is something docs prior to game open should define. Anything after that, on OOC channels or forums, is verging close to RP policing.

Sabrelon
Registered

Post Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:56 am      Reply with quote

Silver wrote:
It's not a bad suggestion, and could be a good wake-up call to Niner leadership. But ultimately, things like this you just have to deal with IC.

Saying a clan should be like this, or not, is something docs prior to game open should define. Anything after that, on OOC channels or forums, is verging close to RP policing.

I definitely do disagree with this being Policing, as I'm seeing it more as a call for IG culture/us deciding what the clan should and can stand for.

That being said, I think figuring this shit out OOC is required, sooner rather than later. I'd like it to all be done IC, but that's at this point extremely unrealistic as this kind of stuff would have been decided -way- before the current IG events. It would be nice to have this kind of thing worked out before commencement, for the sake of most players, but I think I prefer it this way, as it lets us flesh out what we'll all be involved in.

Also: It got pumped out in like 2 weeks. So, it's unreasonable for every tiny detail to be worked out before the game began.

wirsindallein
Registered

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Post Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:17 am      Reply with quote

As far as figuring this stuff out OOC goes?

The niners have a clan forum. All the clans have a clan forum. I don't think this thread is necessary here.

Page 1 of 2   Θ   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic