Home

Register a new account  
Administration plots(Discussion)
Forum Index   Θ   General Discussion

Reply to Topic Create a Topic
Chrjo12
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:35 pm      Reply with quote

I'm actually really surprised we've lost so few people (relatively) on outings so far. It seems like just about all of the deaths have been pk or suicide. I'm used to Atonement, where it seemed like every outing someone died. Then again, the infection contributed to that greatly.

I'm going to regret this I'm sure, but maybe add in some super lagatos or something? Something that gives an automatic "NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE" unless you have like 20-25 people, and even then it's still going to rough people up if the group isn't on their a-game.

Flincher14
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:21 pm      Reply with quote

Chrjo12 wrote:
I'm actually really surprised we've lost so few people (relatively) on outings so far. It seems like just about all of the deaths have been pk or suicide. I'm used to Atonement, where it seemed like every outing someone died. Then again, the infection contributed to that greatly.

I'm going to regret this I'm sure, but maybe add in some super lagatos or something? Something that gives an automatic "NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE" unless you have like 20-25 people, and even then it's still going to rough people up if the group isn't on their a-game.

I feel the same way, not alot of people have died on runs. I think some of that ties to the fact X leader is running the majority of them. Uh nobody wants to die but they want to see other people die Razz Scav trips would grind to a halt if they lost one person per trip.

One solution is to increase the range that wildlife senses a group based on its sized so as a group gets bigger more things in a 10 room radius are drawn to fight it.

hobos
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:29 pm      Reply with quote

HAL wrote:
The fact most of you come back alive should be a plus, and can be fixed.

I appreciate this plus.

Matt
Registered

Builder

Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:28 pm      Reply with quote

All adding super lagatos would do is make IG clan leaders even more cautious then they already are. Then you'd have to have 40 people to go out.

caellyndria
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:35 pm      Reply with quote

I understand this isn't the entire point of this post, but it's probably worth mention-- I'd like to point out that a large chunk of the large scav runs are deliberately oversized from an IG and RP standpoint because the leaders of these things -want- to keep people alive. They're being overcautious. Sometimes that makes impatient PCs/players antsy IG. That's all portrayed. If their caution isn't rewarded for the sake of people getting more thrills, what's the point? People died a lot less on Atonement too when certain leaders started enacting group safety measures above all else. It's just logical and shouldn't be ignored for the sake of THROW US MORE SHIT.

People do die. Not like they did on Atonement, but on big deal kind of plotish things that have happened so far, people that weren't dead? They got a lot of almost dead. And it's really early in the game. I'm sure people would rather die to those plotish things that are yet to come than the randomly loaded wildlife for difficulty balance and kicks. Maybe something to consider.

HAL
Administrator

Senior RPA

Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:44 pm      Reply with quote

At some point, as the wilderness gets dangerous, people will need to go out, or you will all starve to death.

I don't understand players being so incredibly cautious and fearful of dying that they don't even play the game.

Chrjo12
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:54 pm      Reply with quote

Hrm. Yeah, super lagatos probably aren't a fix at all. I guess it comes down to admins deciding whether they want to run a more survival horror based game or not.

I'm curious (and excited) to see what's going to happen with the RPT tonight because it might be a good indicator of where they want the game to go.

*edit: @hal: I've actually noticed a decent amount of character death paranoia, yeah.

Flincher14
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:05 pm      Reply with quote

HAL wrote:
At some point, as the wilderness gets dangerous, people will need to go out, or you will all starve to death.

I don't understand players being so incredibly cautious and fearful of dying that they don't even play the game.

Food isn't a driving force, its a by-product of wiping out hordes of crocs and lagatos while doing 20 man scav trips.

padweld999
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:24 pm      Reply with quote

croc/squick meat FTW. And I do not enjoy dying, but it's part of the deal, so *shrug*.

slyviolin
Registered

Sometimes I struggle with my demons. Other times we just fuck and have cheesecake.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:35 pm      Reply with quote

If leader X wanted to drag down leader Y is is relying solely on scav trips gone good/bad then there is something wrong. If they want to make leader Y look bad they can just start playing the politic in game. Say their mother worked for Darkside, say the go behind the dome with martians etc.

Just trying to say, if Leader X really wanted to take out leader Y I would be more wary about the games played in the town instead of scav trips gone bad.

Page 2 of 3   Θ   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic