Navigation

Home

Register a new account  
Gold. Should it be for sale?
Forum Index   Θ   General Discussion

Reply to Topic Create a Topic

Poll Question and Results: Should Gold Be For Sale?
Yes 20 votes, 83%
No (but should still be available via scav and plots) 4 votes, 16%
Total Votes : 24
Flincher14
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:31 pm      Reply with quote

I would argue that the gold in the npc shop should increase in price, perhaps to a minimum of 150 chips. I know one family has managed to purchase at least five gold blocks in a month which is about 250 .30 rounds. Plus they've been able to scav about 2 blocks worth of bullets which is another 100 .30 rounds.

So I would say that increasing the cost of these blocks is necessary to cut back on all the bullets, or add more chip sinks because currently the only thing to spend chips on in any significant quantity is gold alloy blocks.

kel
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:39 pm      Reply with quote

Flincher14 wrote:
So I would say that increasing the cost of these blocks is necessary to cut back on all the bullets, or add more chip sinks because currently the only thing to spend chips on in any significant quantity is gold alloy block.

In counter point, a simple increase may not stop the effort to purchase them. And could, in turn, even further impact the PC chip economy, taking even more chips out of game.

And I'd disagree about it being the only thing. There are plenty of other things, as mentioned above, taking dozens if not hundreds of chips out of the game, per rl week.

Rome
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:41 pm      Reply with quote

If this is about regulation, then I vote yes. The current situation should stand. I don't see how the 'no' option allows for any form of regulation.

Flincher14
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:41 pm      Reply with quote

kel wrote:
Flincher14 wrote:
So I would say that increasing the cost of these blocks is necessary to cut back on all the bullets, or add more chip sinks because currently the only thing to spend chips on in any significant quantity is gold alloy block.

In counter point, a simple increase may not stop the effort to purchase them. And could, in turn, even further impact the PC chip economy, taking even more chips out of game.

And I'd disagree about it being the only thing. There are plenty of other things, as mentioned above, taking dozens if not hundreds of chips out of the game, per rl week.

But thats a good thing! Chips are a necessary evil but they should defiantly remain very scarce, pc's that manage to have more then 30 chips on their person should be considered wealthy. Families should probably not have more than 200-300 chips saved for emergencies.

Chips should be rare, the first week of prpi was amazing fun where we were bartering and trading items because we simply didn't have chips.

kel
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:48 pm      Reply with quote

Flincher14 wrote:
Chips should be rare, the first week of prpi was amazing fun where we were bartering and trading items because we simply didn't have chips.

I agree, I love trade. But there are also aspects, such as shanty rental. 25 chips a week. Almost prohibitively expensive, by current standards.

But, say, if families spent more chips with market shops and indie scavvers. And shopkeepers had those chips, to spend on supplies and scav, from both indies and families both, more money gets around, some more people end up with shanties. Chips still continue to expend from the game.

Just a counter point.

Mannfreid
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:22 pm      Reply with quote

The shop with a dozen or so bullets for sale, is a shop that sells guns, ammo and armor, specifically.

I don't see a problem. Yes, bartering and trading is fun, and there is still PLENTY of this going on. But during that time everyone wanted more chips. Now theres a bit more chips in the game (and not much)

The problem is an IG problem not an ooc one. The only thing the families spend chips on is gold, for the most part. Refusing to even pay for medical care they recieve, and pitching a fit if you ask them to.

So, if you make gold not for sale, then what happens? They will hoarde chips. it's a situation the indies have to man up and deal with IC, if they want a solution to the problem.

Flincher14
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:24 pm      Reply with quote

Mannfreid wrote:
The shop with a dozen or so bullets for sale, is a shop that sells guns, ammo and armor, specifically.

I don't see a problem. Yes, bartering and trading is fun, and there is still PLENTY of this going on. But during that time everyone wanted more chips. Now theres a bit more chips in the game (and not much)

The problem is an IG problem not an ooc one. The only thing the families spend chips on is gold, for the most part. Refusing to even pay for medical care they recieve, and pitching a fit if you ask them to.

So, if you make gold not for sale, then what happens? They will hoarde chips. it's a situation the indies have to man up and deal with IC, if they want a solution to the problem.

This is true, very much an IG situation when it comes to existing chips being hoarded for use in an NPC shop.

kel
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:55 pm      Reply with quote

Mannfreid wrote:

I, personally, don't think they'd be as ready to hoard chips, if there wasn't a direct and immediate thing to hoard them towards.

And, the economy aspect isn't just limited to indies. It holds just as true for families as well. If all the average family members are ending up chipless to fit gold demands, then they're in the same position as the indies who don't have chips. I'd say your average Joe family member wants things "above just the status queue" as much as any indie does.

Mannfreid
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:03 pm      Reply with quote

how about just not shooting at any, and everything out there?

I have been told my more then one family "i got so much gold I shot off X amount of shots today, without even blinking"

Again, IC problem. The families over usage, and dependancy is something that needs to be addressed ICly.

And again, these people refuse to pay for services ICly. So, either way, it needs to be addressed ICly.

Flincher14
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:09 pm      Reply with quote

Mannfreid wrote:
how about just not shooting at any, and everything out there?

I have been told my more then one family "i got so much gold I shot off X amount of shots today, without even blinking"

Again, IC problem. The families over usage, and dependancy is something that needs to be addressed ICly.

And again, these people refuse to pay for services ICly. So, either way, it needs to be addressed ICly.

You should be able to get away with shooting 2-5 bullets a day. I enjoy filling the niche roll of shooting a lagato that flees from a group. Or vollying a lagato thats just out of range that is in our path. It gives us a reason to shoot that isn't pvp or plot related. Its good.

Page 2 of 4   Θ   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic