Navigation

Home

Register a new account  
Gold. Should it be for sale?
Forum Index   Θ   General Discussion

Reply to Topic Create a Topic

Poll Question and Results: Should Gold Be For Sale?
Yes 20 votes, 83%
No (but should still be available via scav and plots) 4 votes, 16%
Total Votes : 24
Mannfreid
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:19 pm      Reply with quote

Flincher14 wrote:
Mannfreid wrote:
how about just not shooting at any, and everything out there?

I have been told my more then one family "i got so much gold I shot off X amount of shots today, without even blinking"

Again, IC problem. The families over usage, and dependancy is something that needs to be addressed ICly.

And again, these people refuse to pay for services ICly. So, either way, it needs to be addressed ICly.

You should be able to get away with shooting 2-5 bullets a day. I enjoy filling the niche roll of shooting a lagato that flees from a group. Or vollying a lagato thats just out of range that is in our path. It gives us a reason to shoot that isn't pvp or plot related. Its good.

When I say X x= at least 15

grandpa
Registered

Entrenched Oldbie

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:28 pm      Reply with quote

Mannfreid wrote:

I have been told my more then one family "i got so much gold I shot off X amount of shots today, without even blinking"

Again, IC problem. The families over usage, and dependancy is something that needs to be addressed ICly.

And again, these people refuse to pay for services ICly. So, either way, it needs to be addressed ICly.

"Some guy said one thing once, and though I didn't see it"=/=data. It also could be true and be an idiot blowing money away that he can't afford before his clanlead catches on.

An admin could tell you how many blocks of gold have been bought, but I doubt it'd enough for one clan to spend 15 shots in a single RL day for a long time, much less one person in one clan.

It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.
Mannfreid
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:00 pm      Reply with quote

grandpa wrote:
Mannfreid wrote:

"Some guy said one thing once, and though I didn't see it"=/=data. It also could be true and be an idiot blowing money away that he can't afford before his clanlead catches on.

An admin could tell you how many blocks of gold have been bought, but I doubt it'd enough for one clan to spend 15 shots in a single RL day for a long time, much less one person in one clan.

True. But it all comes back to this being an IC issue, honestly. Gold is freaking expensive, as it should be. And it is a major chip sink.

Tyrael
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:59 pm      Reply with quote

I personally see no problem with how the current system with buying gold works.

Roadhawk
Registered

We lurk inside your brain, we hide inside your mind.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:56 pm      Reply with quote

Flincher14 wrote:
I would argue that the gold in the npc shop should increase in price, perhaps to a minimum of 150 chips. I know one family has managed to purchase at least five gold blocks in a month which is about 250 .30 rounds. Plus they've been able to scav about 2 blocks worth of bullets which is another 100 .30 rounds.

So I would say that increasing the cost of these blocks is necessary to cut back on all the bullets, or add more chip sinks because currently the only thing to spend chips on in any significant quantity is gold alloy blocks.

I would vote no, as no matter what the realistic price, the players will find a way to get it, abuse it and spread it around. Keeping it rare, like this is awesome. Along with chips.

Warrior on the edge of time.
edgeworth
Registered

Post Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:04 pm      Reply with quote

Out of sheer curiosity, how do the chips flow into the game? There are newbies, sure, but I'm guessing there are other ways to generate chips. So far everyone I've met wanted to exchange goods for goods rather than spending credits.

MunEmperor
Registered

Post Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:16 pm      Reply with quote

Newbies bring in chips and turf quest that the families can do bring in chips. Those are the only sources of chips I know of right now.

padweld999
Registered

Post Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:36 pm      Reply with quote

do items in PC shops get sold in any way -other- than a PC buying them? I mean, such as vNPCs going through every once in a while and buying a random item? If not, niche shops would get hammered rather quickly by lack of sales.

Matt
Registered

Builder

Post Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:07 pm      Reply with quote

It's all PC sales.

padweld999
Registered

Post Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:11 pm      Reply with quote

well..don't PC shopkeepers get the shaft for the most part, then. what with the lack of chips and all? sorry, a bit off-topic, just seems harsh, what with Families starting to be more and more self-sufficient.

Page 3 of 4   Θ   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic