Navigation

Home

Register a new account  
Putting lagato Ai back in.
Forum Index   Θ   General Discussion

Reply to Topic Create a Topic

Poll Question and Results: Should Wildlife Suicidally Attack Large Groups?
Yes 5 votes, 23%
No 13 votes, 61%
Alternate Suggestion (replied in thread) 3 votes, 14%
Total Votes : 21
wirsindallein
Registered

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Post Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:22 pm      Reply with quote

Cyborgs with rocket-launcher feet are a regrettable loss, but, I think, a fair price for blind space bears.

Flincher14
Registered

Post Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:30 pm      Reply with quote

wirsindallein wrote:
Cyborgs with rocket-launcher feet are a regrettable loss, but, I think, a fair price for blind space bears.

Russian blind space bears. Just cause.

HAL
Administrator

Senior RPA

Post Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:28 pm      Reply with quote

We now actually have the code to spawn stuff based on group size. This will be put in... 6 months?

I plan conservatively.

Tyrant
Registered

Benevolent Despot

Post Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:53 pm      Reply with quote

Wanted to add on to the turtle idea because I liked it.

Auto hiding ambusher giant snapper that only attacks if the group wandering into the room is say 10+?

A $woadamnbig, $mutanty $turtly snapping turtle erupts from the sandy wastes, jaws snapping at ~unluckysob

You synchronise a resilient, pink handheld control with a
rubbery screen to a vaguely-humanoid mountain of machinery
cruelcore
Registered

Post Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:05 pm      Reply with quote

Please stop trying to make the wilderness a death trap regardless of how many people/precautions you take. Gathering ten people to be able to travel semi-safely is already a chore.

Holmes
Dictator in Absentia

Post Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:11 pm      Reply with quote

The wilderness should never be completely safe, no matter how many people you take.

However, the current balance is more tedious than dangerous, and I understand that.

padweld999
Registered

Post Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:27 pm      Reply with quote

actually, and I hate to say this, I think that hide creep = armor creep, which is going to be a real issue in the near future, because (as was pointed out) people in large groups with plate are nigh-impossible to kill at this point, and more and more people are acquiring this armor every single day because the armor-folk don't die either. This is fine if you don't mind never having to -really- worry about dying unless you go out alone, but there are some people (me) who like to have that element of danger without being an IG idiot (AKA, stripping off the armor while outside or running off by myself with no stealth skills.).

padweld999
Registered

Post Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:27 pm      Reply with quote

oh, holmes already beat me to replying to this...oh well, apparently he gets it, and understands it, and that's cool.

Tyrant
Registered

Benevolent Despot

Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:52 am      Reply with quote

Hmm a question. I've never gotten the chance to test in any detail. Does the quality of the armor/item have any reflection on how many resources are used in repairing the item? I imagine if plated armor was really resource heavy to get repaired it would kind of balance out everyone owning it. Sure every Joe owns a plated hauberk. But only three of them have the chips to keep it serviceable, hah.

You synchronise a resilient, pink handheld control with a
rubbery screen to a vaguely-humanoid mountain of machinery
grandpa
Registered

Entrenched Oldbie

Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:18 am      Reply with quote

Tyrant wrote:
Hmm a question. I've never gotten the chance to test in any detail. Does the quality of the armor/item have any reflection on how many resources are used in repairing the item? I imagine if plated armor was really resource heavy to get repaired it would kind of balance out everyone owning it. Sure every Joe owns a plated hauberk. But only three of them have the chips to keep it serviceable, hah.

The materials determine an item's durability/HP. Sturdier, more HP. Flimsier, less. However, this just means it hits worn/damaged quicker(for weapons/armor), and can take massive(ergo permanent) damage easier, thus needing to be replaced sooner.

It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.
Page 2 of 3   Θ   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic