Post Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:52 pm      Reply with quote

v_v

what are friends

Rome
Registered

Post Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:50 pm      Reply with quote

Flincher14 wrote:
tempest wrote:
Tbh... What documentation? I got tugged over to this game by a player who had played version 1.0 or whatever, the old game. She said to make a Niner. I looked around for info about stuff, because when I started, I had a problem figuring out what I was supposed to be "doing". There was like 1 page of history, and then a couple paragraphs about each family.

The Reds and Guards are basically both militarized.

In game, they each have a higher player count, and a higher ratio it seems of "do'ers".

I have a lot of fun as a Niner, and I've tried to stop caring ICly, but it's kind of depressing to realize that they're essentially doomed and it's just a matter of time. I'm competitive. I don't mind losing, but knowing you're going to lose kind of sucks. I'm really curious, what it is in this documentation that explains how the Niners are even a Family (and where is it)? They can't really compete with the other two, in terms of supplies, money, or soldiers. The only thing the Niners have going for them is that they're fun. And it's a game, and I'm having fun, so that part is working. (Irregardless of any fussing IC or OOC! I just don't really see how the Niners have historically survived and am curious, since if it came down to it right now, they'd get wiped out.)

That is defeatist, the niners have equal player numbers to each other family but the other families have loosely teamed up. I will blame its leadership for falling behind in pretty well every area but I'll praise some of its pc's that have stepped up to keep the clan rolling.

A big part of the problem, and I'll get bashed for this...the problem is that after learning who the two clan leads are of the other clans I'm wholely not surprised by some of the things I've noticed IC. These people have joined together to boycott the niners over nothing, they constantly shit on players they don't like. Oh and they happen to have each other on Aim.

You basically have a bunch of bullies with an OOC link minimizing and picking on one clan, not to wipe them out, but instead just to keep them out of the picture. Sadly it just doesn't fucking help when the Niners have had shit activity for their leaders, I mean a total of like 3 days of playtime from their leadership. Yeah yeah RL issues you might say, well..step down and let whoever is actually keeping your family alive take over.

NOTE: There is nothing you can do about AIM, even I have it and I have a few people from Armageddon and PRPI on it, BUT I don't run a clan and I don't have any AIM friends who run a clan. Reducing the OOC friendship teamwork abuse. And hoo hey, did you know that some of our clan leads have AIM with some of our admins?

This is really crude, and rather circumstantial.

grandpa
Registered

Entrenched Oldbie

Post Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:04 pm      Reply with quote

tempest wrote:
Tbh... What documentation?

It's there and it's enough.
ETA: At least it's enough to not ignore it and go "What documentation," really.

Quote:
In game, they each have a higher player count, and a higher ratio it seems of "do'ers".

Niners are either second-highest or highest for clan population. New Guard have the most "doers," absolutely, and the longest-lived ones, but the New Guard are also still JUST getting rid of their pquality weapons they started the game with. If they're lucky. Niners are doing better than you say.
Quote:
if it came down to it right now, they'd get wiped out.)

Look up truels game theory(three-way-duels). Neither of the 'stronger' clans can afford to let the Niners die unless they can 100% guarantee they will rule Rust after.

Flincher14 wrote:
A big part of the problem, and I'll get bashed for this...the problem is that after learning who the two clan leads are of the other clans I'm wholely not surprised by some of the things I've noticed IC.

190% sure my AIM's on my profile here. Nothing's stopping anyone from joining my OOC supernetwork(though I prefer it when I don't know who you're playing).
Quote:
These people have joined together to boycott the niners over nothing, they constantly shit on players they don't like. Oh and they happen to have each other on Aim.

Hypothetically, the status quo is ideal. And the two strongest groups in all of Rust have a need to preserve the status quo. However the third strongest group in all of Rust is, as you have pointed out, mostly leaderless. It's headless and wild and loud and reckless, unable to participate in preserving the status quo. It's ill-disciplined, which brings it into -conflict-(this is GOOD) with one clan, and it's rude and the ancient enemy, AKA conflict.

Likely until this wild headless barker stops running around chasings its tail, there's not going to be any changes. Hypothetically.
Quote:
You basically have a bunch of bullies with an OOC link minimizing and picking on one clan, not to wipe them out, but instead just to keep them out of the picture.

Mudmail a certain Martian Niner and ask him about an entire RPT designed around him being the hero. I'm not even freaking joking. You're confused about IC conflict vs. OOC conflict and wanting to see one and not shut out people due to the other.

Quote:
NOTE: There is nothing you can do about AIM, even I have it and I have a few people from Armageddon and PRPI on it, BUT I don't run a clan and I don't have any AIM friends who run a clan. Reducing the OOC friendship teamwork abuse. And hoo hey, did you know that some of our clan leads have AIM with some of our admins?

I hate the myth of admin anonymity and impartiality, and lordy do I hate to see it try and creep towards clanleads too. It just creates negative feelings like this. We don't need to pretend that Imms and Clanleads stop knowing people when they become Mystical Immortals and Magical Clanleads. A fair portion of us know who Holmes is--I know his first name. He refers to me by mine. He knows my wife's name. She bakes him cookies and wishes to feed him and find him a girlfriend who will then feed him. I'll probably almost certainly hang out with him and two other MUDers for a bit when I go on vacation in January. I've had him on my AIM/Skype since before Beta opened.

If I go in right now and break the rules, he'll tell me no--he's thrown me off the Guides in Atonement 'cause I got pissy on the forums and snapped at Matt. If I fuck up, he'll ban me. Because he's a good admin. And while you can send jabs at me all you want, I draw the -fucking- line on you insulting Holmes/HAL/Throttle/Wilde.

They're Goddamn brilliant.

It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.
Matt
Registered

Builder

Post Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:17 pm      Reply with quote

Honestly Parallel has one of the best groups of RPA's any RPI has had in a long time right now. If you only knew the huge amount of work that's been being put into making this game awesome you'd really stop making posts about what is disappointing where... everyone that works on the game also plays it and knows the issues.

Holmes
Dictator in Absentia

Post Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:17 pm      Reply with quote

Flincher14 wrote:

All three Family clanleads have an instant messaging contact with me, actually.

In fact, my AIM's in my profile. Anyone's welcome to use it if they have a question, concern, or comment. I vastly prefer people don't make official complaints through it (and I have redirected more than a few people to my e-mail, when they've tried).

Anyone who thinks I'm unfair is welcome to raise the issue with me. I'm not perfect, but I generally understand my biases fairly well, and do my best to mitigate them.

Bartleby
Registered

Post Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:55 pm      Reply with quote

tempest wrote:
Tbh... What documentation?

If you're frustrated, I sympathize. But there is a way more appropriate (and private) forum for this discussion. If you have these kinds of questions, why not ask there? Things aren't exactly completely sorted out, but this thread is so not for that. Not blaming you for derailing, just mentioning in case you do have things you'd like to raise elsewhere.

I would prefer not to.
imany
Registered

Post Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:56 pm      Reply with quote

So.. back on topic...

Is there any feedback on the maintenance crew chip mob suggestion?

I don't see conversion as necessary. Barter is pretty effective for internal trade, but doesn't solve the problem of stuff you can only buy with chips, the lack of chips, and what those chips are prioritized for. On an individual spending level, the only family probably doing that is the Niners just due to how they're run. I imagine this makes doing regular business in a market shop (or any shop) difficult, since there's no automated barter system.

I think 12 or 24 hours for like 3 chips, with a non-mobile, non-disappearing work crew would probably be the easiest way of solving this.

grandpa
Registered

Entrenched Oldbie

Post Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:58 pm      Reply with quote

imany wrote:
So.. back on topic...

Is there any feedback on the maintenance crew chip mob suggestion?

I don't see conversion as necessary. Barter is pretty effective for internal trade, but doesn't solve the problem of stuff you can only buy with chips, the lack of chips, and what those chips are prioritized for. On an individual spending level, the only family probably doing that is the Niners just due to how they're run. I imagine this makes doing regular business in a market shop (or any shop) difficult, since there's no automated barter system.

I think 12 or 24 hours for like 3 chips, with a non-mobile, non-disappearing work crew would probably be the easiest way of solving this.

There's an Indy bragging about spending an entire black at the Dark Side--hearsay, sure, but I'd wait for more input before putting this in.

It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.
Throttle
Administrator

Post Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:00 pm      Reply with quote

We're very hesitant to provide too many ways to introduce chips to the economy, but we're currently working on a scrip sub-currency for certain essentials so that people aren't so dependent on chips in order to get started on their professions. We still want chips to be relatively uncommon, and we want it to be so that people can get by without having any at all if they're willing to live without luxuries. If we make it so everybody has a steady income of chips, however small, it will soon reach a point where you can't get anything of any value unless you have a fair amount of chips. Our #1 goal is to prevent that.

imany
Registered

Post Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:03 pm      Reply with quote

Oh. Like automated barter?

Page 3 of 6   Θ   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic