Throwing
Forum Index   Θ   General Discussion

Reply to Topic Create a Topic
wirsindallein
Registered

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Post Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:44 am      Reply with quote

grandpa wrote:
Wirs: you forgot to include the extra line of picking it up, too.
I also left out the reequipping message. You're right.

But I figured I didn't need to drive that point home any further Razz

HAL
Administrator

Senior RPA

Post Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:49 am      Reply with quote

Official IMM opinion here: it's spammy as shit and annoying. If you want three commands to use when you aren't in combat other than throw, get obj, and throw, try think, feel, or emote.

I've watched, or participated in, hundreds of scavs since both Atonement and pRPI opened. Throwing does shit beyond making it harder for people in combat or imms watching to see what's actually going on.

tempest
Registered

Post Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:49 am      Reply with quote

We need less lagatos and more packs of things. The only 4 people fighting on the whole trip and getting rescued by the same handful of people when you're at 5-6 stars if you -do- manage to get into the fight is annoying. More fun to just afk scav trips and wait 4 hours to get off 2 'forage r #". I really don't get think/feel. If I wanted to RP with myself, I'd write a book.

Tepes
Registered

Post Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:13 am      Reply with quote

Remove throw/aim.

padweld999
Registered

Post Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:30 am      Reply with quote

there -are- 15-20 other people on the scav, so i dunno how RPing with yourself is applicable. Also, writing books is awesome.

tempest
Registered

Post Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:37 am      Reply with quote

Unless you luck out and have one of your BFFs with you on the scav trip, or are somebody important, scav trip RP is, for the most part, very boring.

grandpa
Registered

Entrenched Oldbie

Post Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:41 am      Reply with quote

tempest wrote:
Unless you luck out and have one of your BFFs with you on the scav trip, or are somebody important, scav trip RP is, for the most part, very boring.

FIND someone to RP with. Don't spend the entire time whispering to the same person you've been interacting with for 40% of your RP.

It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.
Tyrael
Registered

Post Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:43 am      Reply with quote

Hosted Sally Cole was an abberation, so it's hard to judge. But I have seen (in Atonement anyway) A thrown knife hit an eye and cause a bleeding. I have also throwing items weighting less than a pound, that did a minor bruise in Parallel. And I remember the fight with Cole. We only landed five Melee strikes, the rest was a storm of tossed knives, swords, axes and spears. Then again the climate at the time was Jaunt throwing super-mobs at us with infection-code death horror madness, so it's hard to use that as a baseline to judge anything. Anyone who remembers Boomers and Crabs knows the stuff we fight at the moment is no where near as hardcore or life-threatening.

tempest
Registered

Post Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:45 am      Reply with quote

grandpa wrote:
tempest wrote:

FIND someone to RP with. Don't spend the entire time whispering to the same person you've been interacting with for 40% of your RP.

I actually do not whisper on scav trips. And get highly annoyed by the people who spend the entire trip whispering back and forth. There are quite a few who literally do it every single scav trip. You should be able to turn whispers off. I'd rather not get spammed by the crap sometimes.

But, having somebody there to specifically chat with periodically, makes the trip more fun. Trying to force conversation with random people while being spammed to death is kind of bleh.

padweld999
Registered

Post Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:46 am      Reply with quote

alright. Admins (who actually can LOOK DIRECTLY at the code) have come on here and said its not effective and that they don't like it. perhaps something has changed since ARPI, I cannot say. But anyway, I am all for finding new people to RP with on scavs, and making us have less hide-creep and food-creep and doing that would make them more enjoyable, necessary, and fun even. But I have also done the AFK thing, so this isn't me judging, just hoping maybe we can change this.

Page 2 of 4   Θ   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic