Home

Register a new account  
Regarding group activities, from pof James
Forum Index   Θ   General Discussion

Reply to Topic Create a Topic
padweld999
Registered

Post Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:15 pm      Reply with quote

okay, I can't say a WHOLE lot really at this point, but from what I saw/heard, it seems like the 'metro incident' started off as an unfortunate colliding of random factors that resulted in death. However, since them crocs DO seem to be 'ultra mega-death-kill'...is this intentional along with giving us less scav in the area? has the in-between of the sewer and the wilderness been made just as hardcore on purpose? This is not a whine, I am just curious as to the admin's vision for that particular part of the city.

grandpa
Registered

Entrenched Oldbie

Post Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:09 pm      Reply with quote

imany wrote:
I kinda gotta say..

I'm pretty sure 'you need 10+ to go to the metro' is sort of the opposite of what some of us were saying here in this thread. :/

Is this a suggestion to OP, or to admins? I'm somewhat unclear on that point.

In General:

I think part of the issue is playing towards the lowest common denominator. It's hard to balance so that, as Roadhawk's pointed out, newer, fresher faces can lead groups into semi-dangerous locations without wiping an entire group. We've swung the pendulum back and forth a lot, and right now (in terms of the Metro) it seems like a group of 10 experienced fighters in plate has a fair bit of trouble even getting halfway through it, if that.

If to clanleads: One of a clanlead's primary responsibilities is keeping people informed and alive. Warning people that if you go with less than ten people to X location does both. You also need to create excitement/coded fun(for players that want that), roleplay/drama, OOCly organize the clan, and play your PC. Not posting/disseminating information about IG circumstances serves none of those.

If to admins: I'd say that's a fair point, though I'm not sure how intentional it is. Balancing is, as ever, hard to do, because you have to balance it based on how entirely random it is whether seven crocodiles will show up one-at-a-time, or whether they'll show up all at once.

It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.
Tyrael
Registered

Post Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:45 pm      Reply with quote

I'm not sure this thread is useful anymore. Referencing IC events that have happened only a few days ago is kinda blurring the lines a bit, allowing OOC comment on things happening IG. I reckon we should all just play and see how things turn out.

grandpa
Registered

Entrenched Oldbie

Post Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:22 pm      Reply with quote

Tyrael wrote:
I'm not sure this thread is useful anymore. Referencing IC events that have happened only a few days ago is kinda blurring the lines a bit, allowing OOC comment on things happening IG. I reckon we should all just play and see how things turn out.

I think it's fair game. It's not OOC commentary on IC actions(at least I hope not), but instead OOC commentary on gameplay. The lines aren't blurred there in Irkalia/Padweld/Imany's posts, I believe.

It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.
WorkerDrone
Registered

Duke Attitude

Post Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:24 pm      Reply with quote

Was on board to derail but yeah not much more to say.

Aside from uh--

Fix your dead at the wheel attitude when going out on runs, or just don't go. I've been kind of doing both. Not going on as many runs and not having a zombie playstyle when going on them. Are both working out perfectly? No, honestly they're not, but until things change it's what's expected of all of us, put in the effort or don't bother.

imany
Registered

Post Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:34 am      Reply with quote

grandpa wrote:

If to admins: I'd say that's a fair point, though I'm not sure how intentional it is. Balancing is, as ever, hard to do, because you have to balance it based on how entirely random it is whether seven crocodiles will show up one-at-a-time, or whether they'll show up all at once.

This.

Was nice to have an in between thing. Feels kind of intended so far for it to be harder, which is fine, except more huge group scavving is kind of what I personally was not hoping for.

Page 13 of 13   Θ   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic