The Conflict Thread
Forum Index   Θ   General Discussion

Reply to Topic Create a Topic
starsignal
Registered

just a page in someone's book

Post Posted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:03 pm      Reply with quote

crayon wrote:
Eh. On the turfquests thing? It feels like chips are exceedingly difficult to come by, and almost all of them get funneled straight into gold/other stuff for the fams. So there's not much of an actual CURRENCY in chips. Which is bad.

If I'm not mistaken, this is actually the way things are supposed to be.

grandpa
Registered

Entrenched Oldbie

Post Posted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:42 pm      Reply with quote

starsignal wrote:
crayon wrote:
Eh. On the turfquests thing? It feels like chips are exceedingly difficult to come by, and almost all of them get funneled straight into gold/other stuff for the fams. So there's not much of an actual CURRENCY in chips. Which is bad.

Alternatively, I think there's too many fucking chips/too much gold/too many casings IG. Some resources are near perfect, some are available in vast amounts past what they should be, and then there's some odd bottlenecks for certain resources that really doesn't make much sense.

It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.
crayon
Registered

Post Posted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:19 pm      Reply with quote

I'm speaking more in terms of just average-PC cash-on-hand moreso than on the overall picture.

Edit: What I mean to say, is that with a relative scarcity, there's no real minor luxury cash floating around for PCs to occasionally use on stuff like cigarettes, cards, drugs, booze, etc.

HAL
Administrator

Senior RPA

Post Posted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:37 pm      Reply with quote

Scrip?

wirsindallein
Registered

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Post Posted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:54 pm      Reply with quote

grandpa wrote:
starsignal wrote:
crayon wrote:

Alternatively, I think there's too many fucking chips/too much gold/too many casings IG. Some resources are near perfect, some are available in vast amounts past what they should be, and then there's some odd bottlenecks for certain resources that really doesn't make much sense.
By the end of 2013, the major driving force behind the in-game economy will be flashlights.

HAL
Administrator

Senior RPA

Post Posted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:52 pm      Reply with quote

The odd bottlenecks should be pointed out.

grandpa
Registered

Entrenched Oldbie

Post Posted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:06 pm      Reply with quote

HAL wrote:
The odd bottlenecks should be pointed out.

Have, but...
gears, uncraftable
pipes, uncraftable

Batteries are a semi-case. The game's gone through spurts of batteries being superplentiful and batteries being impossible to get working. I've never been for scarcity of batteries, personally, just because they're such a great tool for making this game playable.

Batteries I'll admit to being superbiased on. I want batteries that last for forever. The game is much more interconnected/playable/'smaller' with radios on everyone/receivers everyone. I want the world to drown in batteries.

But I can concede that that's a playstyle thing, probably.

Limited pipes/gears when I've got 500 pounds of metal, however? That's a little odd. I've said it before, though, and Staff already shot it down. I understand needing bottlenecks for balance. These ones just seem odd.

It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.
Starmonger
Registered

Void Dreamer

Post Posted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:33 pm      Reply with quote

I've brought up the gears one, when talking about 'making' modules. Admins explained this as not wanting players to craft items that are essentially supposed to be rare or really hard to obtain.

slyviolin
Registered

Sometimes I struggle with my demons. Other times we just fuck and have cheesecake.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:52 pm      Reply with quote

Gears craftable - 48hr cool down.

Yeowch.

Roadhawk
Registered

We lurk inside your brain, we hide inside your mind.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:50 am      Reply with quote

slyviolin wrote:
Gears craftable - 48hr cool down.

Yeowch.

Makes sense, if the arms on a gear aren't almost exactly the same dimensions they will create excessive wear and stress on certain parts and snap about 3/4 of the time they should of lasted. The time being relative to the size of the gear.

Warrior on the edge of time.
Page 6 of 7   Θ   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic