Home

Register a new account  
Please consider that...
Forum Index   Θ   General Discussion

Reply to Topic Create a Topic
Aken
Registered

Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:32 am      Reply with quote

... if a world-changing event is planned which stands to have a detrimental impact on others' PCs, it is polite to inform them, so that they at least have the opportunity to be online, rather than characters suffering and the world changing due to players being absent and wholly unaware of an event.

Lowdy
Registered

Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:07 am      Reply with quote

I haven't noticed anything like that really.... And what is the point if things are able to be done secretly in real life? Conspirices and the like are pretty common.

grandpa
Registered

Entrenched Oldbie

Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:13 am      Reply with quote

This is vague, and I'm trying to get a feel for it: is there frustration stemming from the fact that people didn't know OOCly, or ICly? Are you asking for things like this to be announced OOCly, or is it more that it didn't disseminate ICly properly?

padweld999
Registered

Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:01 am      Reply with quote

pffft, double post. That's how hardcore I wanted to get this across.

padweld999
Registered

Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:01 am      Reply with quote

I think people's concerns were that for such a MASSIVE project, it didn't really disseminate properly IC. At least, that is my impression. Yes, people -knew- (at least a few outside of that clan) but there wasn't a ton of preparation time. Again, this is just what I hear, not necessarily a persona opinion of the matter.

slyviolin
Registered

Sometimes I struggle with my demons. Other times we just fuck and have cheesecake.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:02 am      Reply with quote

I think it was because it was done at a time, when a POF a vital PC had already announced they would be absent for it on the forums.

Edit: Not absent for -it-. But they announced they would be away this weekend on forums ... then this scene occurred which would have been a very important, pivital thing their character should had been involved in.

WorkerDrone
Registered

Duke Attitude

Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:06 am      Reply with quote

Hey, so, I can comment that people it MIGHT relate to were made aware of it ICly. Some of the event itself only on the day it happened, and the day after when it was all said and done. Others as much as a week in advance. Not everyone was made aware of this (certain clan away from two others) because, aptly, they probably wouldn't know about what was going on the entire way across Rust, much.

As for information getting around, most people like to be aware of an RPT at least a few days in advance, when it affects many people, and while a notice of this may have been coordinated through IC, clan boards, or clan forums, it was not passed around where everyone could know to be online for it, when reasonably, their PC might WANT to be there.

While I don't think this is any fault of a particular person, clanleader or otherwise, I'm just stating the possible intent for this thread being posted at all.

Rome
Registered

Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:25 am      Reply with quote

slyviolin wrote:
I think it was because it was done at a time, when a POF a vital PC had already announced they would be absent for it on the forums.

Edit: Not absent for -it-. But they announced they would be away this weekend on forums ... then this scene occurred which would have been a very important, pivital thing their character should had been involved in.

Ironic.

Aken
Registered

Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:24 am      Reply with quote

WorkerDrone wrote:
As for information getting around, most people like to be aware of an RPT at least a few days in advance, when it affects many people, and while a notice of this may have been coordinated through IC, clan boards, or clan forums, it was not passed around where everyone could know to be online for it, when reasonably, their PC might WANT to be there.

This, I think. Whatever the information available in-game-- I gather from an active player in the clan that would probably have stepped up to act that this amounted to none at all-- there was a lack of OOC notice, such that people could have a hazy notion of "stuff's going down, be online around then", even if they don't know what's happening. Consequently, one clan had three players online, increasing to five, perhaps seven by the end of the event.

hobos
Registered

Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:29 am      Reply with quote

Yeah, it might have been nice if there had been some kind of forum announcement like there usually is, for OOC notice of RPTs - not necessarily to explain the nature of the event, but just that there would be something happening.

Page 1 of 3   Θ   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic