Home

Register a new account  
Whatever Just Happened: Thoughts?
Forum Index   Θ   General Discussion

Reply to Topic Create a Topic
tempest
Registered

Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:48 pm      Reply with quote

The problem is, that's actually incorrect. Based on what I saw. (Who knows, maybe I read my output incorrectly.) This was handled poorly all around, but the Reds started the coded PvP combat last night. Which is why I don't understand all the rage around. It was a crappy series of events, but there's no one person responsible for any of it.

grandpa
Registered

Entrenched Oldbie

Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:48 pm      Reply with quote

Tepes wrote:
Look. Want to know who started this entire PvP? One of the people who got lost in this PvP, threw a one line emote and started the fight.

Ain't nobody but that person responsible for going straight to code, more or less.

Blaming it on anyone else is bullshit.

tempest wrote:
The problem is, that's actually incorrect. Based on what I saw. (Who knows, maybe I read my output incorrectly.) This was handled poorly all around, but the Reds started the coded PvP combat last night. Which is why I don't understand all the rage around. It was a crappy series of events, but there's no one person responsible for any of it.

Less, rather than more. Help aim. Though I don't think you're finding much blaming in here, just suggestions. And no, nobody's blaming any one person: it's suggestions for everyone going forward.

It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.
Tepes
Registered

Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:49 pm      Reply with quote

Aiming is only part of the action. If they had carried through, it'd be an entirely other matter.

grandpa
Registered

Entrenched Oldbie

Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:50 pm      Reply with quote

Tepes wrote:
Aiming is only part of the action. If they had carried through, it'd be an entirely other matter.

"Going to code" is coded action.

Tepes wrote:
going straight to code

So I guess my question, here, Tepes/Tempest, is...

where are your suggestions?

It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.
Tepes
Registered

Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:53 pm      Reply with quote

Ah yes, semantics. Someone actually attacking, versus someone preparing to get attacked.

grandpa
Registered

Entrenched Oldbie

Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:53 pm      Reply with quote

So I guess my question, here, Tepes/Tempest, is...

where are your suggestions?

Quote:
Sustainable conflict/a reason for it that doesn't quickly get shut down seems to still be the Holy Grail of PRPI. Any thoughts about how this attempt went?

A plea: Constructive criticism, absolutely, but please, please, please, no raging/insults. Constructive compliments, all the way, but please, please, please no masturbatory kudos. I love them, but keep it focused.

Holmes
Dictator in Absentia

Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:07 am      Reply with quote

Getting really tired of people being incapable of being civil. Consider this an official warning, Tepes.

I'll consider unlocking this thread later.

Holmes
Dictator in Absentia

Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:39 pm      Reply with quote

Unlocking this thread. Keep it civil.

Matt
Registered

Builder

Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:26 pm      Reply with quote

If you codedly aim at someone it's completely understandable if they instantly try to murder you back codedly. If you just want to RPz aiming for dramatic effect you can go 'emote aims *gun at ~dude with a snarl".

Now if you aim at me codedly, you can go fire fire fire fire fire fire fire fire and then I die. But if I attack you you get to shoot me once when melee starts and I have a fighting chance. Just some basic PvP stuff.

thorongil
Registered

Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:09 pm      Reply with quote

If you're a group of melee people approaching a group of individuals armed with ranged weapons, I think it's perfectly reasonable for them to be able to get off 1-2 shots before the melee commences. If you aim and go fire fire fire fire, most of your shots are going to miss because your aim won't recover.

Page 4 of 5   Θ   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic