Register a new account  
The chatroom and basic politeness
Forum Index   Θ   General Discussion

Reply to Topic Create a Topic
Aken
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:36 am      Reply with quote

Okay. Watch this first: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVXGC896Jdw&t=1m45s

It's pretty tiresome to see sniping at other players in my buffer every time I look in the chatroom. I'm logged into it pretty often, and do tend to at least skim whatever's there, and unpleasant commentary regarding other players here has become an increasingly common theme lately. It's only by a select few people, but they just do it over and over again. Please stop it. It's nasty. For a place where new players can and often do go to ask questions, it's just plain shocking.

Tepes
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:46 am      Reply with quote

My bad. I'm not exactly known for being polite. Gunna try not to be a dick.

hobos
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:46 am      Reply with quote

I agree, and you have made me suitably ashamed for having participated even indirectly in some of those discussions.

Aken
Registered

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:27 pm      Reply with quote

This is still happening. Please, just knock it off. It's a public room, not a playground for those few who use it non-stop.

If you have a need to be hostile to other players here, take it elsewhere.

If you have some dire dislike of some other player, take it elsewhere, because nobody wants to read about just how awful people have decided they are.

If you feel a need to direct bouts of profanity or apparent hostility at other people, take it elsewhere. In this particular instance, I don't see that it makes a difference if you think it's benign or some in-joke that can't possibly cause offense, since it's rather hard to tell, at times, even reading through dozens of lines of the buffer.

This also, hopefully unsurprisingly, includes sniping at people with regard to RPP. Don't do it. That includes the frequent assertions that people who have RPP play the game exclusively for the sake of making numbers go up, and how they somehow go out of their way to ruin it for others. You've ("you" here being the not inconsiderable number of people who seem set on bringing this up repeatedly) been told a few times what your best recourse is if you have concerns relating to this, so go ahead and follow through with the options presented to you, rather than what you're presently doing.

Page 1 of 1   Θ  
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic