Home

Register a new account  
OOC Grudges and Considerations
Forum Index   Θ   General Discussion

Reply to Topic Create a Topic
caellyndria
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:50 pm      Reply with quote

It's getting bad, guys. I have a tiny maybe duo or trio of people I talk to, tops, so I don't know what's going on, but it's bleeding all over the game. It's making things complicated where they don't need to be complicated and it's not taking a rocket scientist to see it. I don't want this to degenerate into a shit storm. I rarely forum post because things get blown up, but seriously... I just want it to stop.

I'm not going to point any fingers, it's widespread, here there, everywhere. Someone deliberately ignores multiple emotes from a PC in the room, even when targeted. Someone calls someone on something OOC with IG vehemence, someone brings in factors of OOC time when game factors and IC factors have a huge part of it. It's pretty circular and I know exactly who doesn't like who without doing much talking.

Please stop. Please understand there's some things that happen IG that you don't see, that there's sometimes IC reason that isn't OOC. Also please understand that there's plenty that factors OOC that we just have to make allowances for because it's a game. Please be courteous, please be inclusive, please realize that for as much time spent on this game, these are your characters' fictions, not your player truths.

Ease up. Take a breath. Let go.

Lowdy
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:28 pm      Reply with quote

Oh you noticed that too? Glad it isn't just me :-/

tempest
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:33 pm      Reply with quote

Lowdy hates me. Ever since I teased Trent to death. Sad

hobos
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:35 pm      Reply with quote

I hope nobody's ever taking my IC antagonism as player hatred sometimes.

Roadhawk
Registered

We lurk inside your brain, we hide inside your mind.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:40 pm      Reply with quote

This has been going on for a long while and was a significant contributing factor in my leaving the game. As with other issues it has only become a real problem now since it is affecting one of our best and brightest.

Warrior on the edge of time.
caellyndria
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:44 pm      Reply with quote

Roadhawk wrote:
This has been going on for a long while and was a significant contributing factor in my leaving the game. As with other issues it has only become a real problem now since it is affecting one of our best and brightest.

I'm not entirely sure you need to be hateful about me for expressing an opinion that I think will put the game back onto a little less stressful path for people all around, but thanks, I guess.

Roadhawk
Registered

We lurk inside your brain, we hide inside your mind.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:48 pm      Reply with quote

Far from it, all I say is that for this problem to be addressed and fixed concern must come from the player of a superior PC or one of those in a position of leadership. Otherwise our cries are written off as a minority problem or just bitching.

Lowdy
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:56 pm      Reply with quote

Awww, Tempest... I don't even know who you are now! I actually loved Trent being teased. It was funny to watch a Niner be super shy.

As for OOC grudges, I don't think anyone but a select few know my pc. So, I think a lot of things can be drawn up to people select their clicks, and ignore other people. I have emoted swinging a punch at someone before and they just oookay.... north and leave the boozer.

caellyndria
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:59 pm      Reply with quote

OOC grudges don't necessarily have to come from knowing who is who, it can also come from a player developing a grudge on a PC, rather than their PC having a grudge, if that makes sense. Everyone needs to take that step back sometimes, and I think people maybe have been forgetting to do it a lot. If your conflict is perfectly IG, by all means, this isn't for you.

grandpa
Registered

Entrenched Oldbie

Post Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:01 pm      Reply with quote

caellyndria wrote:
someone brings in factors of OOC time when game factors and IC factors have a huge part of it...Please understand there's some things that happen IG that you don't see, that there's sometimes IC reason that isn't OOC. Also please understand that there's plenty that factors OOC that we just have to make allowances for because it's a game. Please be courteous, please be inclusive, please realize that for as much time spent on this game, these are your characters' fictions, not your player truths.

Ease up. Take a breath. Let go

Quoting/summarizing/bolding for emphasis, since the point flew overhead like the Friendship 7.

Page 1 of 5   Θ   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic