OOC Grudges and Considerations
Forum Index   Θ   General Discussion

Reply to Topic Create a Topic
crayon
Registered

Post Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:22 am      Reply with quote

Shy wrote:
Yeah, this totally caught my attention.

I've noticed there are players who constantly do not interact with my char, but the moment someone of more significance steps in (IE: clan head or someone they want something from) they suddenly become animated as heck.

I have repeatedly done my best to start rp with these people and they continue to do the same thing over and over again. I hope I am never perceived as being selective with whom I roleplay like this.

And rare for me, I have gotten to the point where I don't even want to try engaging these people anymore.

NO FUN!

+1.

This happens extremely frequently. But as sly mentioned, it's not always for the reason you'd think.

To your credit, I think you put a lot of effort into being inclusive and RPing with everybody, regardless of perceived IG importance, Shy.

tempest
Registered

Post Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:37 am      Reply with quote

Can we get some OOC consideration on whether some Clan Leads should actually be clan leads? Staff intervention would be great.

I'm also very annoyed by cliques and sycophants, even the "IC" ones. There are a handful of people who act like they are surgically attached to the "in charge" characters. It's even funnier when the sycophants are cross-Family.

Starmonger
Registered

Void Dreamer

Post Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:48 am      Reply with quote

Which clan lead are acting so exclusive as to be needed to be removed?

tempest
Registered

Post Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:52 am      Reply with quote

<insert one of three possible choices>, they're so exclusive they don't play. Aside from popping on to post a note. (Which I can only assume was OOCly prompted by a buddy.)

Tyrael
Registered

Post Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:26 am      Reply with quote

I don't think it is entirely appropriate to actually name someone and accuse them of a thing on an ooc board.

tempest
Registered

Post Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:34 am      Reply with quote

...Fixed?

I don't think it's entirely appropriate to sit on a leadership position.

hobos
Registered

Post Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:09 am      Reply with quote

There are people that my PC sort-of avoids out of purely IC reasoning and it's hard for me to do that. However, I try to use an emote or two at them to demonstrate the avoidance, to assure that it is just IC. I would actually really like to play with many of those characters but I'm trying to stay in role.

crayon
Registered

Post Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:11 am      Reply with quote

Tempest has an entirely valid complaint here. Just saying. Unfamiliar with the actual details in this particular case, aside from the generalities. But. Anybody who's going to be inactive for longer than a couple of weeks should seriously consider handing off leadership to somebody else.

Ideally there would be IG mechanisms for handling this kind of situation. But there aren't. Was in a similar position myself a few weeks back, and it's stifling, and crippling. And being the person who winds up keeping things going for an absentee leader while having none of the actual authority to do it is neither an enviable nor a pleasant position.

tempest
Registered

Post Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:19 am      Reply with quote

The thing is, the person in question has never been active really, even prior to being CL, and now seems to be even less so. Yes, RL comes first. I took a month long break myself, but come on, if you don't have time to contribute to your clan, you don't have time to be CL, then give it up. I'm not saying play more, I'm saying give it up. We have other people running stuff. It's just dumb to see someone OOCly clinging to 'omgz I am the leaderz' especially after seeing it a billion times in mudding.

thorongil
Registered

Post Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:31 am      Reply with quote

tempest wrote:
The thing is, the person in question has never been active really, even prior to being CL, and now seems to be even less so.

That's actually not true.

Quote:
It's just dumb to see someone OOCly clinging to 'omgz I am the leaderz' especially after seeing it a billion times in mudding.

You're making what I feel is an unfair assumption here. You're assuming it's an OOC clinginess, when in fact it's quite possible that it's because of IC motivations, not OOC.

While I think that your concerns are absolutely valid, and a working solution should probably be sought, I think that you have a rather poor attitude about things.

Page 3 of 5   Θ   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic