Home

Register a new account  
Nobody is voting
Forum Index   Θ   General Discussion

Reply to Topic Create a Topic
Tyrael
Registered

Post Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:20 pm      Reply with quote

I was guilty of this too. If we don't start voting, all of us, Parallel will die a death of a thousand cuts. Our peak times numbers has already started to snail down to just under 20 players. We need Parallel up in the top 20, we're down near 39 at the moment. People think nobody is playing, so they get bored and quit, then the next person thinks the same, and it becomes a domino effect.

Nedinu
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 am      Reply with quote

I'm half-tempted to just put the voting page as my homepage so I'll actually remember. Also, the voting thread should be stickied.

Lost
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:34 am      Reply with quote

I don't think it's that people aren't playing because people aren't voting. Rather, it's that people aren't voting because people aren't playing.

Most activities in game seem to amount to twinking, mudsexing, or being on your way to one of them.

While some people are busily trying to create more ways to twink, what we need is for players to form more reasons to roleplay, and a culture based on that instead of scav runs and the next thing we can bug the immortals to make craftable.

Flincher14
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:01 am      Reply with quote

It would help if the staff didnt feel invisable. The main page hasnt had a staff update in months and we rarely get staff post anymore. Or see them in chat often. It feels like they are giving up and it can be felt among the players who are also starting to give up.

We had a wilderness update coming for a long time now and its still not here, we havent had any plots for a while, or any staff side changes in forever. Players are not going to solve this debacle at this point. Staff needs to wake up.

wilde
Administrator

Over Emote-tional

Post Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:18 am      Reply with quote

Staff are awake.

As we've said before, we're extremely light on staff. We've still only been open four months, which sort of makes comments like 'we haven't had x in forever' slightly ridiculous. The stuff we're working on takes time and isn't finished yet.

We're also volunteers. It'd be really great if you could remember that.

Tyrael
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:20 am      Reply with quote

My intent for this thread was just to ask people to vote and stuff. So...just vote and stuff but take the other discussions to other threads.

Rome
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:00 am      Reply with quote

Or we could just do this: I VOTED.

Rome
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:01 am      Reply with quote

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-parallelrpi.html

And here's a link for the sake of sloth.

Flincher14
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:39 am      Reply with quote

Why not just add a mild inscentive to voting. Nothing big, just like..redeemable vote points that you can redeem in a special newbie shop after character creation.

Nothing game breaking but just neat stuff, like guitars, good clothes, etc. Im sure people would be encouraged to vote.

100 vote points = good quality flavor item like a neat instrument.

tempest
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:52 am      Reply with quote

The reward for voting is more people to play with.

Get to work.

Page 1 of 4   Θ   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic