Home

Register a new account  
Now What?
Forum Index   Θ   General Discussion

Reply to Topic Create a Topic
Hyriana
Registered

Post Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:30 pm      Reply with quote

So, I'm sure everyone has noticed there's not many people on anymore. I'm curious if anyone has ideas on things they would like to do? I'm honestly kind of out of things that can be done with the limited pbase or without staff support. I feel like there was something I could have or should have done while this was all happening to try and arrest things from going so far downhill, but I don't know what it was that wouldn't have been radically OOC.

Does anyone have ideas? I thought maybe trying to resurrect a capture the flag idea but making it clan v clan or something. I have things I can do as /myself/, but not much to try and help you all have things to do. Or some of the ideas I have are for people who don't seem to log in at all anymore.

Also, please try to keep the talk about radical game rewriting out of this thread. I'm strictly talking about working with what we have /now/, until whenever the staff decide to unleash whatever they've been working on.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Coil
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:15 am      Reply with quote

Personally, I'd be up for interclan treaties at this point to work together. We don't have enough people to really compete with each other any more, so I feel like some form of co-existence needs to be achieved to be able to have someone to RP with at given times. Otherwise, it's still weird to be looking for people from other clans to hang out with and RP with.
Just random thoughts!

Coil
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:20 am      Reply with quote

Oooh, add on idea. Gambling tournament or something! We got cards.

ShoSH
Registered

Post Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:44 am      Reply with quote

I am 100% on board for some type of cooperation, even if we have to use the threats that have come about recently to make it happen legitly IC.

We are too few to have multiple clans and be trying to fight each other. There are things breaking down, and nobody codedly around to fix them.

This is an issue and it drives an already small playerbase apart.

We will STILL have personal drama and friend/enemy type of scenarios, but we should really figure out a way to interact on a respectful or at least some type of level with each other. I think all of us when we see someone in-game realize OMG A PERSON and want to RP with them, any way possible.

I am all for starting events, hosting things, but we need people to check Bjork's and start perhaps scheduling things in there and not on family message boards.

Head to Bjork's, talk, mingle, let's figure something out!

1) Parties. We can still have these.
2) Fist Fights. Everyone loves a good fight!(For prizes! Or respect!)
3) Establishing Leadership - Who is leading who nowadays? We can't have absent leadership either, from an OOC standpoint it has always been an issue, and seriously, if people are quitting or not logging in but once a week they should resign, let's be real.
4) Gambling! I am all for poker tournaments or card games somehow, bets, prizes, drinking, fun!
5) Patrols. Let's get patrols together that aren't for outside of Rust, but INSIDE. Let's keep Rust... safe... or not!
6) Try not to kill each other for no real reason. People die now, they don't come back, it isn't worth making a new character for most people.

crayon
Registered

Post Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:55 am      Reply with quote

There are a lot of things I can do on my end that might make things easier for you all at the moment. Here are some examples, and if the playerbase is overwhelmingly for some over others I can prioritize:

Wilderness changes:
--The Wilderness is broken in a lot of ways. Especially with the playerbase we have now. I can start by changing the AI on lagatos so that they behave like squicks. Lagatos would transition more towards being big game prey animals for meat, and shredders and beetles would be the primary threats outside. This makes exploration easier for smaller groups.
--I could then follow up by revamping the existing scav locations, and ideally scripting them so that scavving runs the risk of spawning hostile mobs. This makes it so that if you have a bigger group, there's still ample trouble to be found if you want to look for it, and adjusting the difficulty or frequency of the spawns would make for scav locations suited to a wider range of group sizes. This might require some suspense of disbelief when the world suddenly changes.
--I could likely introduce new areas through plot, structured more in line with what the game needs at the moment.

Crafting changes:
--I can continue adding a wider variety to variables for things like clothing and colors, or other variables that bring flavor to the game.
--I can flush out some of the craft suites, or renovate if necessary.

Which of these sorts of changes to the wilderness and crafting are something the playerbase wants?

ShoSH
Registered

Post Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:44 am      Reply with quote

I have honestly only set foot outside of the gate's of Rust on accident so I can't comment on the wilderness.

I am all for more clothing.

Unfortunately for me this is still my first created character on PRPI and my skillset is less than great. It is horrible for my current role in the game so I can't really do all that much beyond socialize.

I would love if somehow it was easier for people to learn skills not based around others teaching them as we really have some limits here now with the playerbase.

I don't know if that is an option at all. I actually only use two of my coded skills on my list(and not very often). It makes for a severe lack of things to do unless someone else is in the room with me.

I think it would help if everyone was able to do SOMETHING while they were waiting for people to log on beyond idle. Today, I was on and I was the only person online. I sat around for a while... but... my above problem came into play.

kel
Registered

Post Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:18 pm      Reply with quote

It would be nice to dial back some of the maintenance needed to keep a family base going. Or perhaps find some sort of alternative to do them that doesn't require heavy scavving (which is near impossible for us these days) and high end skills.

Because while the realism aspect of the maintenance is cool, being unable to do it can ruin playability for entire clans.

norwegianjesus
Registered

Post Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:05 pm      Reply with quote

I think whatever changes are made should be sustainable in the long-term. I think we all know that some players think in terms of maximising their own benefit by finding ways to use the system and so if something is changed now and we all get used to roleplaying with the changes, then because of greater population the changes are changed back, it's going to cause problems.

It would be a fly in the face of VNPC population if we said that player population means dissolution of clans or whatever, so I don't think there should be any breakdown of organisations.

So unless we want to radically alter the game environment to fit a smaller population temporarily, I don't know what else to suggest because it'll only hurt the game in times of bigger population otherwise.

ShoSH
Registered

Post Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:36 pm      Reply with quote

Crayon has offered smaller, less radical additions and I think we should concentrate on that. Though, my suggestion for family changes was brought on by trying to have an outside force drive them together to a point where for /now/ working together is key to survival and/or continued existence, which, in-game it already is because of maintenance and lack of supplies. This would also make it so transition in the future once said threat is gone if population levels pick up, would be easier as tensions once again rise when the focus turns inward.

We just need some word to play out the Moon dying off with supplies and it'll just be an actual Canon at this point.

As for small suggestions I am going to keep on trying to think of things.

Hyriana
Registered

Post Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:38 pm      Reply with quote

I honestly like all of Crayon's ideas, though at least in my experience, actually trying to /catch/ a lagato after you injure it is near impossible with how fast they run around. He bleeds to death sure, but who knows where?

Also I think one of the major threats to going outside right now is the vines. Their use of bashing damage makes them really scary to the types of armor we can actually make. Similar with the tentacle buddies in the Metro, but I'm assuming there's some kind of IG plot solution to that eventually? Otherwise crocs would be the go-to source for meat and hides, though the tunnel system still makes running into a pack of them pretty dangerous.

re: scav spawning mobs: Oh great and powerful trashheap, we poor pilgrims come seeking gifts! Maybe some sort of decay consuming monsters? The sites that are less picked over have a bigger population of predators since we don't go there as much to stomp on their heads.

Also, for the time being I would say no scav sites should be 'picked clean' any further until we have a population to support going out further afield.

Page 1 of 2   Θ   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic