Register a new account  
Now What?
Forum Index   Θ   General Discussion

Reply to Topic Create a Topic
Hyriana
Registered

Post Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:49 pm      Reply with quote

ShoSH wrote:
Unfortunately for me this is still my first created character on PRPI and my skillset is less than great. It is horrible for my current role in the game so I can't really do all that much beyond socialize.

I would love if somehow it was easier for people to learn skills not based around others teaching them as we really have some limits here now with the playerbase.

I'm going to say that craftsuites are probably important to stay difficult to raise from scratch so everyone has some kind of uniqueness to them. The sewers at least are safe for anyone to gather basic crafting components, unless you have the misfortune to be mech/elec, though I believe you can get some of these with very high scav skill in the underground lab? Basic/starting armor and weapons are more than enough to ward off any threats in the sewers.

All that said, the game is more about RP than about crafting in general. It just sort of became more about crafting as people feel like they lack things to do.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
slyviolin
Registered

Sometimes I struggle with my demons. Other times we just fuck and have cheesecake.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:01 pm      Reply with quote

There is a vine-nerfer (apparently) IG right now and has been for about a month and a half. Could never get enough people together to try it out to ICly prove that it works because they were scared of getting pwnd by said vines.

Hyriana
Registered

Post Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:20 pm      Reply with quote

slyviolin wrote:
There is a vine-nerfer (apparently) IG right now and has been for about a month and a half. Could never get enough people together to try it out to ICly prove that it works because they were scared of getting pwnd by said vines.

That's a craft that preexisted for the original vines in Atone. I'm not sure if it works here (or what it even did in Atone?) but I'm totally willing to try it.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
crayon
Registered

Post Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:43 pm      Reply with quote

From what I've seen of it, it should work. So between use of that, and a few simple changes, we could get the wilderness back to being something people can use for play.

grandpa
Registered

Entrenched Oldbie

Post Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:38 pm      Reply with quote

The vines are probably a bad idea: they become glass cannon nukers that either do no damage/instantly die(because of the herbicide), or can wipe groups that go without it(and deal massive fractures on lucky hits even when you have it).

I don't think anyone remembers vines fondly, but maybe I'm wrong. They also always led to the MUD crashing because they were bugged as fuck.

ShoSH
Registered

Post Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:21 pm      Reply with quote

The problem right now with exploring the environment for me is I am not familiar at all with it. It would also make no sense for my character to go down into the sewers, or anywhere, really, beyond the protective gates of Rust.

I am fine with my skills because I came to terms a long time ago with it and I enjoy being a socially based character.

I was just mentioning it in passing and it really isn't all that important. I like having people with rare skills, but as things slow down we start losing out on having ANYONE with said skills in a family.

grandpa
Registered

Entrenched Oldbie

Post Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:42 pm      Reply with quote

ShoSH wrote:
The problem right now with exploring the environment for me is I am not familiar at all with it. It would also make no sense for my character to go down into the sewers, or anywhere, really, beyond the protective gates of Rust.

I am fine with my skills because I came to terms a long time ago with it and I enjoy being a socially based character.

I was just mentioning it in passing and it really isn't all that important. I like having people with rare skills, but as things slow down we start losing out on having ANYONE with said skills in a family.

Every skill in the game(sans chemistry, maybe firearms, and education) is learnable by doing, and it's incredibly easy. Over the life of any long-lived PC I've had, I've learned more skills by accident/by just playing than I had skills I started with.

It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.
wirsindallein
Registered

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Post Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:25 am      Reply with quote

grandpa wrote:
ShoSH wrote:

Every skill in the game(sans chemistry, maybe firearms, and education) is learnable by doing, and it's incredibly easy. Over the life of any long-lived PC I've had, I've learned more skills by accident/by just playing than I had skills I started with.
I'm pretty sure someone said once that you can raise firearms. It's just that at a certain point, it's impossible to meet the requirements for a skillup.

Page 2 of 2   Θ   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic