Home

Register a new account  
Crayon's Update Thread
Forum Index   Θ   General Discussion

Reply to Topic Create a Topic
Lowdy
Registered

Post Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:53 pm      Reply with quote

I think that I would be crushed if my pc would die. Does that stop me from putting them at risk? No, I do not. Primarily due to what my pc does and learns from their environment. I had a near death event recently and I asked for guidance as to how i should rp it after a crash. If they were to die I would be vehemently mad, but not at staff. I would also act out their death as appropriate. I may not create a char as quickly as I would normally, but I would eventually get over myself and work towards my new goals with my pc. I have to say, Crayon is doing a great job where the other staffers got burned out on. He is taking initiative and making the environment work FOR him. Will this make it any easier for the others? Probably not, but I still see how the mud will evolve and I look forward to it.

slyviolin
Registered

Sometimes I struggle with my demons. Other times we just fuck and have cheesecake.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:42 pm      Reply with quote

Personally I like the change. The danger was what got me so heavily involved and invested in Atonement. I was always so eager to log in and see what shit went down today, who died, what was found.

Chatting at a bar has it's place but honestly, I can go do that IRL. What I can't do IRL is go out and go on dangerous, pulse raising adventures. (Well I can but onfortunately if I die I can't roll another Char there.) Sometimes people luck out and die, those who survive have some of the most epic stories to tell.

However it's to each their own. If you don't want danger and keep playing the sims aspect of PRPI, stay in the boozer or your base. If you want to flirt with death, take it home and not call it in the morning, we can now do that as well.

crayon
Registered

Post Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:03 pm      Reply with quote

On a side note, several reboots ago, I made it so that robots don't set off anything even with targeted forages.

However, areas do spawn a baseline number of mobiles to populate it, so there's some residual danger now, even if people aren't stirring anything up. That's in the Metro/Cathedral/Labs.

On an additional note, if, on a run, you do RP that you feel should have an impact on the spawn counters, you can always petition and I can dock as needed. I'm working towards adding more progs and crafts centered around the theme of chopping down the spawn counters to give people with varied skillsets a reason to be participating in excursions. At the moment, though, it's just the Metro gate. Because Reds love gates.

crayon
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:58 pm      Reply with quote

The gate progs have been fixed, sorry for a small bug I let slip through.

crayon
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:11 pm      Reply with quote

I am strongly considering nerfing the resistance of armor to general wear and tear, but I'd like to hear peoples' thoughts on it, first.

On the plus side, it should create turnover where a handful of sets don't last forever and obviate the use of the craft or the obtaining of the materials.

On the down side, people may have to work a little harder.

Overall positive, I think, but I wanted to hear opinions.

Granted, this is probably one of the least efficient potential uses of my time.

Hyriana
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:12 pm      Reply with quote

As I mentioned, my main concern with this is that if you constantly need to be remaking armor from scratch that would be a huge material sink and kind of make scavenging a focus of the game over RP. Especially depending on how big the new gate related sinks are going to be as well. It might also put a damper on actually doing building projects. Not that I don't recognize that we have a glut of materials right now but it would need to be monitored carefully.

I think the more elegant solution would to be making raw materials more difficult to obtain instead of just roaming around the sewers for hours on end with no risk.

Lowdy
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:13 pm      Reply with quote

I'm not happy about it, but for various reasons. I have armor with permanent tears and rips but because there is no more materials to replace it, I actually stick with what I have. I do see wear and tear on other things more than others, (greatcoats don't last long!) But boots/gloves and collars take huge damage each time they are hit. Rarely any damage on them is smaller than a large or huge rip. If the armor was nerfed more, I think that it would cause gloves and boots to be moot.
My opinion is only a small one, but thanks for asking! ^_^

crayon
Registered

Post Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:40 pm      Reply with quote

Yeah, probably not going to mess with that any time soon. I'm going to let the progs at the Metro play out, and finish tuning/refining things there.

If chaos doesn't ensue, I'll start spreading changes to other places again.

crayon
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:20 am      Reply with quote

I've done a lot of fine tuning on the existing progs, and updated the Cathedral and the Lab to spawn crows and monkeys on New Guard and Southside turf respectively, if their spawncounts go unchecked.

In the interests of keeping things manageable, however, I've reduced the rate at which spawncounts go up and introduced (and am introducing) more mechanics that cause them to go down.

These changes will not be the last, for those that are feeling picked on (the New Guard), and you should have plenty of time before anything becomes problematic, though feel free to petition if you experience any glitches and I'll look into it.

The Factories, Apartments, Hospital, and Sewers will be the next to get overhauled, and will spawn on Niner turf, Red turf, the slums in between, and the market, respectively, if things get out of control.

Lowdy
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:56 am      Reply with quote

If things spawn in the market, are we going to get beaten sensless for killing a squick?

Page 5 of 7   Θ   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic