Home

Register a new account  
Mini prpt Tuesday 14th 9pm ESt
Forum Index   Θ   General Discussion

Reply to Topic Create a Topic
Jolly
Registered

Post Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:56 pm      Reply with quote

Things went well on monday. Same idea, we had 12 people online which is great, this game has a real chance.

So tomorrow (tuesday) We are going to group up at 9pm EST again, the general game plan is the factories, if we fail to get the numbers we will simply do the lab again, mild combat to be had, scav to be done, and most importantly Rp to do.

crayon
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:48 am      Reply with quote

I'm very glad that things went well for you guys, and am sorry I wasn't able to be there and animate.

There will be more to do, both in that location and in others, just give me some time and patience please.

Keep in mind, odds are if you run into a door that's locked, that's me leaving myself room for expansion. When there's expansion there to be had, I'll make a public announcement in the updates thread. And I'll try to structure such expansions in a way that give the players some interaction. More than my initial change to the area had, at least.

kel
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:40 pm      Reply with quote

One recommendation to whoever's doing the group leading. Slow it down a bit? Pace it out? While it's nice to have scav again, parta the whole thing is being able to RP while scavving. Don't just power from one room to the next. The advantage of a small area that you can get to without having to worry about gato, is that you have that smaller group that's easier to emote with. Quality over quantity, and all that.

AdamBlue9000
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:05 pm      Reply with quote

Sorry about ducking out last time after we finished, folks! I was ultra tired and passed out. This time, when we head down, I should be more awake for action and RP, let's have a buncha fun! And, Crayon, maybe provide some challenges for mechanic sorts, for reading sorts, puzzles for sorts to figure out.

Flincher14
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:21 pm      Reply with quote

kel wrote:
One recommendation to whoever's doing the group leading. Slow it down a bit? Pace it out? While it's nice to have scav again, parta the whole thing is being able to RP while scavving. Don't just power from one room to the next. The advantage of a small area that you can get to without having to worry about gato, is that you have that smaller group that's easier to emote with. Quality over quantity, and all that.

I'd argue that more people get annoyed with a lethargic pace like grandpas than one that keeps the trip within 1-1 1/2 hours. Rather than 2-3 hours. There is still plenty of time to rp on the move and afterwards people dont generally just log off immediatly so theres also time to rp then too.

kel
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:43 pm      Reply with quote

Poor comparison. This is a tiny area a short ways away. And there was almost no time given for actual RP. Dash there, scav, dash back. And while you may argue your own opinion, having heard the opinion of others, people want it slown down a bit more. Don't need to make it 4 hours. It was only what, a bit more than a half hour? If it took an hour, I doubt people would start whining and not going. In fact, you'll probably get even more.

Flincher14
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:51 pm      Reply with quote

We started at 9 and ended at 10.

kel
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:11 pm      Reply with quote

Was actually closer to 9:15-20 before people left the Boozer. And around 9:50 when it was over.

Which, even if your time tracking was right, is only an hour. So taking another half hour falls into your "1-1.5 hour" acceptable trek.

ShoSH
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:48 pm      Reply with quote

This is an RPI after all.

crayon
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:27 pm      Reply with quote

Keep in mind that in the past, it was to one's benefit to go as fast as possible, purely logistically.

The things that make this the case aren't true of the changes made to that area.

People should feel perfectly entitled to play it as slowly as they like, and to RP more immersively throughout, and I'd fully encourage that.

But, if people want slower runs, maybe they should take the initiative to lead one of their own. It's not hard to grasp the basics? It seems unfair to be dumping criticism on somebody who's still taking the initiative to go out and do something interactive with a group. But it's kind of a fair criticism, and one that comes down to different strokes for different folks.

I've done a million in-and-out quickie scav runs, and I don't remember a single one. The runs I do remember are the ones that took hours and involved large quantities of RP.

Page 1 of 2   Θ   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic